I’ve always loved pixel art, but more importantly, I love cookies. I was thinking, what if I cut cookies into squares and made pixel art? So I did it. Here’s how.
This is the GALAGA™ ship pixel art I want to replicate! It contains 43 white, 4 blue, and 14 red pixels for a total of 61 pixels. I’m making each pixel/cookie 1-inch squares.
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Red and blue dye
2. Next, add 2 1/2 cups flour and 1/2 tsp salt and mix for about 2 minutes to combine. Cookie dough will be almost crumbly, but that’s ok.
3. On a floured surface roll out some of the cookie dough thinly and cut them into 1-inch squares. Repeat until you have 43 plain squares.
4. Take the remaining balls and separate them into three even balls. Dye two of them red and one of them blue. Cut into 1-inch squares, then put all the cookies into the fridge or freezer for 10-30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove cookies from the oven, then let them cool for about 10 minutes before forming them into the pixel art!
Here’s what mine looked like after forming it into the GALAGA ship! Was it worth it? Does it look cool? You tell me. At least it tasted great.