Are you ready to fly higher, explore further, go faster, and see more than anyone has before?
Join us as we embark upon a #COSMIC adventure, filled with terrifying creatures, otherworldly powers, and new frontiers featuring gear in March’s Loot Crate from Captain Marvel, Alien, Lost in Space, and MORE!
Before we dive deep into this month’s Looter Recipe, it’s time to learn a little about the inspired lady behind our energy- packed Smoothie Bowl: CAROL DANVERS!
Carol Danvers is so much more than just a badass beauty with powers. Before she embraced the mantle of “Captain Marvel,” she was an Air Force pilot and intelligence agent pursuing her dream as a NASA employee.
As things go in the comic book world, Danvers was accidentally transformed into a human-Kree hybrid with powers such as flight, energy blasts and superhuman strength/ durability!
March marks a big month for Marvel Studios! With the next MCU installment, Captain Marvel soaring into theaters THIS WEEKEND, I just HAD to create a tasty treat fitting for the occasion!
To celebrate one of Marvel’s biggest female heroes; I created a creamy and tangy Smoothie Bowl flashing the Captain Marvel symbol loud and proud!
This healthy smoothie bowl packs a punch of flavor with a blend of strawberries, blueberries and bananas! Grab the frozen fruit and let’s get blending!
You will need:
- 1 cup vanilla or plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
- ½ cup fresh strawberries
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 1-2 ripe mangoes
- 1 ½ frozen bananas
- ½ cup apple juice (or more as needed)
- Large Bowl
How to Make:
1. Clean and cut fresh strawberries for toppings!
2. Clean and set aside fresh blueberries.
3. Remove frozen bananas from freezer to thaw before blending.
4. Peel mango and set aside.
5. Make a Captain Marvel symbol cut out (I made mine from tracing her logo onto an index card)
6. Place symbol on top of a large slice of mango.
7. Carefully cut around the stencil to make symbol shape.
8. Cut 4-6 long, skinnier pieces of mango to complete her uniform look!
9. Set toppings aside to prepare for smoothie making!
10. Combine all frozen fruit, yogurt, and apple juice together into a blender.
11. Blend until smooth. Adding apple juice to thin as necessary.
12. Pour smoothie into a large bowl, spreading evenly.
13. Set in freezer for 5 minutes before adding toppings.
14. Place the Captain Marvel symbol in the middle of the bowl.
15. Add fresh strawberries to the top and fresh blueberries on the bottom.
16. Add long, skinny mango slices to either side of the symbol to recreate Carol’s classic look!
17. Grab a spoon and enjoy!
Thanks for snacking with me! I’d LOVE to see what other geeky treats and recipes you have cooked up! Use #lootrecipe to share your Captain Marvel Smoothie Bowl creations!
Blast off on a COSMIC adventure with Captain Marvel loot in March’s Loot Crate and Loot Crate DX!