There was just no way you were going to get through Loot Gaming’s AUGMENT theme which features Destiny 2 without discussing all the fun tidbits of trivia within this hit title. So sorry, but I’m also not sorry because that means I can share my current favorite game with you guys even MORE! Check out these Destiny and Destiny 2 facts and get into it!
1. The number at the end of an Exo’s name equals the amount of times their memories have been wiped before sending them back out onto the field. Cayde’s a lucky one.
2. Speaking of Cayde, he’s infamously renamed the vicious villain from Destiny 2’s story campaign to “Gary” which undercuts that drama beautifully.
3. Destiny 2 is the first of the Destiny titles to be released on PC despite heavy rumors they would eventually release it there. However, waiting for Destiny 2 meant they could promise a full 60FPS which consoles aren’t capable as of release. (Note: It’s gooooorgeous on PC)
4. While it was hinted that Bungie wasn’t sure if they were going to have mention of the Darkness in Destiny 2 that was hinted at in the first game, players who finished the story campaign seem to have a pretty big indication that it may be returning. Confirmed? Possibly not, but you see that scene and take away with it what you will. Wink.
5. Trials of Osiris from the first Destiny returns in Destiny 2 but this time it is re-branded as Trials of the Nine and it’s even more punishing that you’d imagine with four versus four matches rather than three versus three.
6. All of the Guardian Trainers, Cayde 6, Ikora and Zavala return in Destiny 2 with their same voice actors. You couldn’t keep Nathan Fillion, Gina Torres and Lance Reddick away from reprising their iconic video game roles.
7. In fact, Lance Reddick who voices Commander Zavala, is one of the regular players in Destiny and Destiny 2. Hey, he’s got to keep an eye on his Guardians at all times. Can you imagine hearing HIM speak to you in fireteam voice chat!?
8. It’s rumored that Xûr is the one that release Skolas from the Nine when Mara Sov sent Skolas to him as an “So Sorry” gift when she trespassed outside of her territory.
9. Bungie says they drew inspiration for the race of Awoken from MYTHIC creatures like angels, ghosts and elves. No wonder they’re my favorite race to play as!
10. The Vanir armor set was built exclusively to protect Titans from the grueling fights against the Cabal. It’d be nice if they’d give us that for Destiny 2 because these Red Legion are total jerks!