We’ve got an unabashed Deadpool takeover going on over here at Loot Crate for May! Knowing that, we thought we’d dip back in and talk more Deadpool and see what other little trivia bits we can share! Let’s dive back into the Deadpool den, shall we?
1. If you can believe it, the sequel for Deadpool was announced three days before the first film came out. Talk about confidence!
2. It’s a crazy year for Josh Brolin, who just showed off his Marvel chops as Thanos in this past weekend’s opening for The Avengers: Infinity War film but he’ll play a separate character (straight from the comics) in Deadpool 2. Cable is finally getting some screentime and it will be in the hands of Brolin! Not bad for an ex-Goonie!
3. Two other films, slated for release in 2019 and part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, filmed in the same location at the same time as Deadpool 2. The New Mutants and X-Men: Dark Phoenix held ground with Deadpool 2 in Vancouver, Canada and Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Fascinating to me that so many of our favorite movies and shows spend time up in glorious Canada!
4. A short-film, entitled “Deadpool: No Good Deed” was shown before Logan in theaters. This short film shows hints and bits about not only where Deadpool may be now as well as what his current cares are. That costume change issue is something he’s going to have to work out because he can’t keep getting trapped in phone booths! Keep an eye on the bits of easter egg in this short film as well!
5. Deadpool mentions, at one point, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, which is an inside joke as Ryan Reynolds’ wife Blake Lively is in that very same film.
6. Ryan Reynolds has stated that Deadpool is the only comic book character he will ever play as. This is not truly a surprise as his role in Blade Trinity didn’t really pan out too well. Think anyone even remembers that? Heck, Marvel obviously loved Reynolds enough to ignore the fact he played Hannibal King as well as his time with DC as the ultra-painful Green Lantern. Good thing they let Reynolds have his fit as the Merc with a Mouth, because it works beautifully!
7. Reynolds also starred in another non-Deadpool non-starter in R.I.P.D. alongside Jeff Bridges and Kevin Bacon. While the comic series is lesser known, it has been stated that Reynolds was hoping by showing his comic book action chops, he could get some more love for the Deadpool project he had been pushing for since the end of the 90’s.
8. If you thought that Deadpool films are the only way you’re going to get some of that Wade Wilson action, fear not! X-Force has already been announced and will feature Cable as well as a team put together by Deadpool in order to handle the messier missions that the X-Men aren’t wanting to deal with. Think of them as the Guardians of the Galaxy if they were bloodthirsty, cracked in half and even more chaotic!
9. You should take pity on Ryan Reynolds when it comes to the makeup that he’s got to wear just to get ready to kick butt and quip his face off. It takes 8 hours of makeup and costuming work to get Reynolds into his Deadpool gear. After those 8 hours are over, he can’t sit or even lay down as it may wrinkle and cause issues with the tight suit and facial make-up when he’s not wearing his mask.
10. An intriguing think to think about: Deadpool made a huge chunk of change when it came out but it actually has one of the smallest budgets of all of the Marvel Cinematic Universe films. Wait until X-Force comes out and that low-budget will go right out the window.