I dare you to get through this trivia without craving hamburgers. Bob’s Burgers is a beloved favorite of the adult animated genre of FOX television, and its nine seasons prove it has quite the fanbase! How many of you Bob’s Burger lovers know these tasty tidbits?
1. Originally, The Belchers were supposed to be… cannibals? Yeah, that’s right. The original pitch was that the Belchers were a family of cannibals, but FOX found it a bit too dark themed for an animated show on their network. The pilot changed but showcased an inspector wrongfully accusing the family business of possibly selling human meat.
2. In order to capture the essence of a rambunctious young boy, Gene makes sure to mention passing gas (farts, let’s be real here) at least once per episode.
3. Tina was originally a Dan. In that pilot pitch episode, Tina was actually an older son named Dan and still voiced by the current Tina, Dan Mintz.
4. Loren Bouchard’s the reason for the personification of Linda Belcher, thanks to a Mom type character he played in videos of his comedy.
5. Sarah and Laura Silverman record their dialogue for Ollie and Andy are recorded all at one time, which means sometimes there are stumbles and misfires. However, it’s intentionally left in because Bouchard adores it.
6. Jon Hamm, of Mad Men fame, voices a toilet in the same episode where Linda tells Bob he reminds her of Don Draper. Clever, right?
7. Bob hates cilantro, but struggles with it. The burger of the day that must really destroy him is the ‘Say It Ain’t Cilantro Burger’ which, I have to say, must taste great.
8. Speaking of the Burger of the Day board, it changes every single episode and it’s a nod to the chalkboard Bart Simpson can be seen writing a new message on in every episode of The Simpsons.
9. Paul Rudd voices a dream horse of Tina’s which is made even weirder (for Tina) because she’s madly in love with the actor.
10. Gayle can’t sleep at night without a wind down ritual of pretending she’s the last person left alive after an apocalypse. And here I thought Sleepytime Tea was peculiar.