We know we’ve been hitting you guys hard with the best vampire slayer to come from the 90’s, but here we are with some Buffy the Vampire Slayer to get you to your Loot Crate DX fix! How much do you know about the Slayer and her friends? Think you could use a tune-up? We’ve got your back.
1. That signature jacket you’re used to Spike wearing? It costed production thousands of dollars. Once they had it, they ran it over with a truck to ensure that it looked ratted down and older than it actually was.
2. Buffy the Vampire Slayer was the first show to feature the term ‘Google it‘ as a culture reference. And now, look at that, we say it about ten times to people a day easily.
3. Charisma Carpenter, who plays Cordelia, is actually three weeks older than the woman who played her teacher, Jenny Calendar. Could’ve fooled me!
4. If you can imagine it, Ryan Reynolds was approached to play our lovable Xander Harris. He attributed him refusing the role to his own high school experiences and not really wanting to play someone going through high school awkwardness. Now, I just really want a Buffy/Deadpool crossover.
5. Nathan Fillion was interested in the role of Angel originally when Buffy was casting. While he gave off a completely different vibe than what they wanted for the brooding vampire boytoy – they made sure to keep Fillion around for another role in Buffy entirely. Oh, the villain and anti-hero work just so well for him, don’t they?
6. Nicholas Brendon actually got told to stop working out and going to the gym when producers were concerned he was going to get too buff to be the lanky yet cute nerd they had in mind for Xander.
7. Fun Fact: There are forty-three churches in the small town of Sunnydale. WHERE DO THEY ALL FIT!? Why haven’t we seen MORE of them!?
8. It was intended that Dawn, Buffy’s sister, would have powers. This ultimately got changed as the producers felt it would shift interest from Buffy’s story too much.
9. Torrance High School is the school used for Sunnydale High School. It’s also the same school from the movie She’s All That featuring Freddie Prinze Jr. Freddie would go on to be in I Know What You Did Last Summer with Sarah Michelle Gellar and would ultimately end up being the person he married. Small world, right?
10. Sarah Michelle Gellar was actually the only cast member who knew about Dawn and her backstory. Everyone else was left to figure it out through their scripts as the filming went on. Talk about cliffhangers!