We’ve got Guardians of the Freakin’ Galaxy in December’s EXPLORE Loot Crate and we couldn’t be more hyped! We thought our fellow Looters would love to dive in and get some trivia about everyone’s favorite Guardians and just what tidbits lay in the details! Check these out!
1. If you can even remotely believe it, Ego’s planet is comprised of so many polygons that it’s considered the biggest visual special effect to date. How many polygons is that? Over a trillion.
2. Director James Gunn actually created a very special ‘Groot Script‘ for Vin Diesel that would help Diesel figure out inflections for his delivery. So, when you hear Groot speaking lines in his native tongue — there’s actually English behind his three-word repetition!
3. It took many months and Lola FX Studio’s careful hand to pull off the de-aging process for Kurt Russell’s character in the movie. If you thought this movie wasn’t one of the most visual effect extensive films in awhile, you’d be incredibly wrong.
4. Karen Gillian reprises her role as Nebula but with a softness brought in this sequel. This is something that made Gillian overjoyed as she wanted people to see multiple facets to Nebula, since fans were so polarized to the character in the first film.
5. Often when movies are shipped to theaters, to stop from being victims of theft and piracy, they change the name of the movie on the shipping label. For this film, the label said the movie was called ‘Level Up‘.
6. Groot says ‘I Am Groot‘ seventeen times during the movie, which means Vin Diesel recorded that line seventeen times per every sixteen languages he actually did himself. Think of all the different ways he must say his iconic catchphrase and just how it must sound!
7. The license plate you see on Ego’s car is the exact same license plate number that is on James Gunn’s car from high school. Talk about some deep dive Easter Eggs, dang.
8. Sylvester Stallone has only been in two comic book films: Judge Dredd and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. To be fair, we wouldn’t mind him slipping back into Dredd’s infamous helmet once more.
9. The Visual Effects department used a video of James Gunn dancing to capture Baby Groot’s awesome opening scene dance sequence.
10. Vin Diesel and Kurt Russell, Groot and Ego respectively, were also in two other movies aside from this one. They both starred in Furious 7 and Fate of the Furious of The Fast and the Furious franchise! Small Hollywood world, isn’t it?