The Marvel Cinematic Universe has re-invited the majority of comic book fans into the world of Tony Stark and the suit that made him into Iron Man, but how much do you guys know about this enigmatic billionaire? Bone up on your Iron Man trivia!
1. What real-life billionaire was Tony Stark based off of?
2. What school was Tony admitted to at 15, only to graduate with a Masters two years later?
3. What recently popular Super-group was Tony once a part of, even if briefly, before heading back to the Avengers?
4. What does J.A.R.V.I.S stand for?
5. Of all the popular real-world mysterious locations, which one is said to be owned by Tony Stark in an issue of Avengers?
1. Tony is actually modeled after Howard Hughes. Stan Lee wanted him to have the charisma of Hughes but without the crippling negativity that surrounded him.
2. Stark was a boy-genius and graduated from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) at only 15!
3. If you can believe it, there is a run of Guardians of the Galaxy where Tony actually joins the Guardians for a story arc!
4. While it may sound complicated, J.A.R.V.I.S. actually stands for “Just a Rather Very Intelligent System”. Leave it to Tony!
5. Eagle-eyed readers of the Iron Man trades found that Tony Stark actually has ownership papers for Area 51 and that he purchased it from the military!