Over here at Loot Crate, our April INVESTIGATE crates features the Marvel and Netflix darling: Jessica Jones! We thought we’d give you guys some trivia that you may not have known!
1. While most people know her only as Jessica Jones, her Superhero alter-ego had purple hair and she went by Jewel.
2. Jessica’s origin appearance was in Marvel’s ‘Alias’ series, which was re-named so as not to confuse it with the hit television drama of the same name.
3. In the Netflix series, they wrote the character of male Jeryn Hogarth as a woman (Jeri Hogarth) before giving the role to Carrie-Ann Moss!
4. Patsy Walker (aka Trish, aka Hellcat) is one of Marvel’s oldest characters. We dare you to tell that to Trish’s face though.
5. David Tennant, who plays the villain Kilgrave, made sure to include a lot of Easter Eggs from his career as The Doctor from Doctor Who and Barty Crouch Jr. in his dialogue. The first season of Jessica Jones on Netflix is rife with little morsels of geeky delights!
6. The first season introduces Luke Cage and his comic-beloved catchphrase ‘Sweet Christmas!’ at least twice. Luke Cage went on to get his own Netflix show in 2016!
7. There were 10 of Jessica’s trademark jackets made, all identical except for some made for easier wear during action sequences. Subsequently, there were 20 pairs of her favorite jeans made for the exact same reason!
8. Krysten Ritter trained for two months before the show started filming and gained 10 pounds of muscle! That’s commitment. #gains