Seeing as how we’ve got Predator love in THREE of our Primal Crates this month, it seemed only natural to get this trivia together! Check out how much YOU know about one of the best monster movies to come out of the 80’s?
1. What famous Martial Artist movie-star was set to be in the Predator suit but decided against it?
2. What was the Predator blood made of?
3. How many people died during the first Predator film?
4. What animal was used to attempt tree-to-tree swinging of the Predator until the footage was abandoned from difficulties shooting?
5. Which comic book was the inspiration for the look of the Commandos in the movie?
1. Jean-Claude Van Damme was originally going to don the Predator suit but conflicts arose when he realized the Predator would be doing no martial arts and that his height would become a problem as most of the actors were over six-foot tall and he clocked in at 5’9.
2. The blood of the Predator was a mixture of the fluid from glow-sticks and lubricant, which is used in lots of movie special effects for blood and goo.
3. Sixty-nine people died during the first Predator film. Well, IN the movie. Not around it.
4. A monkey was fitted with a red suit for editors to super-impose the Predator over him swinging from tree to tree. Well, until the monkey kept removing the suit and the footage ended up scrapped.
5. Sgt. Rock was the comic book they based the look of the Commandos on. You can even see Hawkins reading an issue of it in the movie.