We’ve got your favorite family from Springfield in March’s Loot Crate and it got us thinking about all the juicy tidbits of trivia we could pull together! Sit down, get your personal Santa’s Little Helper in your lap and let’s rock through some facts!
1. If you’re ever thinking you want to toss an email to Homer Simpson, his email address is ChunkyLover53@aol.com. Best we don’t even ask what that means.
2. The Comic Book Shop owner is actually based on Matt Groening, as he states “This is how I think I appear to other people.”
3. There are only two voice actors who do one voice consistently and that’s Yeardley Smith (who voices Lisa) and Marcia Wallace (who voices Edna Krabapple).
4. The Simpsons have been quite continental! They’ve visited all seven continents. Kinda makes you wonder when they’ll leave Earth for good, right?
5. That giant head made of stone that resides in The Simpsons basement? You remember, the one that Mr. Burns gave to Bart for helping him with a blood transfusion? Its name is Xtapolopacetl.
6. As of April in 2005, The Simpsons beat out Scooby Doo for the most episodes of an animated series. I mean, I’m more floored that there’s THAT many episodes of Scooby Doo floating around!
7. It’s peculiar enough that the Springfield senior citizens get tossed into a retirement castle, but even more peculiar is the sign outside that reads “Thank you for not discussing the outside world”.
8. Jimbo’s actual first name is Corky. To be honest, I prefer Corky! Sideshow Bob’s full name is Robert Underdunk Terwilliger and that one, well, we get why he changed it.
9. Nancy Cartwright is Yeardley Smith’s (Lisa Simpson) burp and whistle double. Yup, Nancy has that added skill of burping on cue that Yeardley just can’t get! We love her anyhow.
10. You may think you named your kids something unique but Cletus named his kid Die Hard. I think he wins, guys. Pack it up.