HEADS UP: Contains Strong Language. Viewer Discretion Is Advised!
The latest episode of Wake & Bake is live and this week’s recipe is… Hash, baby!
In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, this week’s recipe is Cool Ranch Corned Beef Hash with Spicy Ranch Sauce! You heard that right, Cool Ranch as in the Doritos (known as Cool American Doritos outside of these parts).
Here’s the recipe if you’re aching to make some for your own:
Cool Ranch Corned Beef Hash with Spicy Ranch Sauce
Makes 2 servings
- 1 cup russet potatoes, peeled and cut into ¼-inch dice
- 1 cup sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ¼-inch dice
- ½ lb cooked corned beef, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. chopped flat leaf parsley for garnish
- ¼ cup crushed Cool Ranch Doritos
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add both potatoes and cook until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pan, saute onions and bell peppers in butter over med-high heat until soft. Add cooked potatoes and spread out into an even layer. Stir occasionally until slightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in corned beef and cook until heated through. About 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Make 2 holes in the hash and crack one egg into each. Lower the heat and cook covered for 5 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Pour crushed Doritos into a clean peppermill.
- Garnish hash with chopped parsley and a sprinkling of “Dorito Dust”.
For the Spicy Ranch Sauce
- ½ cup Ranch dressing
- 2 Tbsp. Sriracha
- Mix together in a small bowl until combined