We believe in miracles! So do the Guardians of the Galaxy and seeing as how we’re featuring them this March in Loot Wear, we thought we’d run down some fun trivia! How much do you know about Peter Quill and his rad crew?
1. The Milano, Peter’s ship that the Guardians use, is actually named after Alyssa Milano. Why? Canonically in the films, Peter had a lil’ bitty crush on the 80’s Who’s The Boss actress.
2. Karen Gillian actually shaved her head to prepare to play Nebula. Did nobody leap in and tell her bald caps exist!? What commitment.
3. In the first Guardians film, Bradley Cooper provided the voice for Rocket but not the motion capture. In the sequel, he would wear a mo-cap headset to gauge his lines and movements, facial expressions and vocal timing. It could be said that Rocket is far more Bradley Cooper in the sequel than the first.
4. During the scene where the team visits The Collector, Peter wasn’t supposed to drop the orb he was holding. Chris Pratt stayed in character so beautifully, that they left it in the final cut.
5. There are FIVE credit scenes both playing in the middle of the credits and at the very end of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2. Make sure you’ve seen them all!
6. There’s a small easter egg in the first Guardians of the Galaxy movie in which Rocket’s known associations are listed when he’s getting arrested. One is Groot, which we knew, but the other is Lady Lylla. Lylla is Rocket’s soulmate who is much like him but an Otter.
7. Matthew ‘Alright, alright, alright’ McConaughey was actually approached to play Ego in the sequel but decided Stephen King’s The Dark Tower was a better move for him. Just goes to show you that, well, everyone makes some odd choices now and again.
8. Movies often ship with fake titles to defend against theft and bootleggers. The sequel to Guardians was sent off with the title ‘Level Up’ and nobody was the wiser.
9. That stinkbug you see get eaten in the Guardians sequel? It was made of chocolate and filled with honey. First off, can I just have some of those? Please? Second: That’s rad practical effect work.
10. Yondu wasn’t actually meant to survive the very first Guardians movie. Thank heavens he did, because we got that rad Mary Poppins scene in the sequel!