With Logan in theaters on March 3rd, everyone is talking about Wolverine but how much do you actually know? Let’s find out!
1. Let’s start with an easy one: What are Wolverine’s claws (and skeletal structure) covered in?
2. Who is seen as Wolverine’s closest arch-nemesis?
3. How many teams of Superheroes was Wolverine a part of?
4. In what Superhero’s comic book was Wolverine’s first appearance? Hint: They’re an Avenger!
5. A lot of folks think Logan is Wolverine’s real name — but remember, the guy’s memories are a little sketchy. What is his REAL name?
1. Wolverine’s skeletal structure is covered in Adamantium. There is still bone beneath though — it’s not a solid metal.
2. Sabretooth seems to pose a threat to Wolverine that he’s never one to shirk from. Originally, Sabretooth’s design was one artist’s rendition of Wolverine. Once he saw another artist had already committed Wolverine outside of his costume to a comic book, he decided to use his design for Sabretooth.
3. Four! He’s part of the X-Men, X-Force, The Avengers and The Fantastic Four. Busy guy, right?
4. It was actually an issue of The Incredible Hulk that Wolverine made his first appearance. It’s issue #180 from 1974 that Wolvie first appeared in comics!
5. While it’s easy to lean into Logan, it turns out that his name is James Howlett. His half-brother’s name is Dog Logan and he adopted the last name during the Origins run of comics.