HEADS UP: Contains Strong Language. Viewer Discretion Is Advised!
The latest episode of Wake & Bake is live and this week’s recipe is… Baked Cereal Milk French Toast!
Whether you love drinking the milk at the bottom of your bowl of Fruity Pebbles or the thought of doing so makes you gag, cereal junkies alike will be fans of this week’s recipe! (I can personally vouch for it’s deliciousness because I tried it myself shortly after we wrapped on set — definitely try it with brioche!) Check out the recipe below to make your own!
Baked Cereal Milk French Toast
Makes 4 servings
1 cup dry cereal (We like Fruity Pebbles for this), plus extra for garnish.
1 ½ cups whole milk
¼ cup melted butter (1/2 stick)
½ cup packed light brown sugar
Half a loaf of Texas Toast, fresh not frozen
2 large eggs
Powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Pre heat oven to 350 F.
- Combine dry cereal and milk together in a bowl and let sit for at least 20 minutes.
- Mix the brown sugar and melted butter together. Pour the mixture into a greased 8 x 8 inch baking dish. Be sure the bottom of the baking dish is evenly coated.
- Strain the cereal mixture into a separate bowl with the eggs and beat until combined.
- Place one layer of Texas toast into the prepared baking dish. Pour half of the cereal milk mixture over the top. Sprinkle with a handful of cereal. Repeat with the second layer of toast and milk mixture. Be sure the slices are evenly coated. Cover with foil and let set for a few hours or best overnight.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes on middle oven rack. Remove the cover and bake for an additional 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Dust the top with powdered sugar. Cut into individual portions. Don’t forget to scoop some of the syrup off the bottom. Serve with maple syrup.