HEADS UP: Contains Strong Language. Viewer Discretion Is Advised!
Bummed to announce that this is the LAST episode of Wake & Bake, but we’re going out with a bang! This week Kevin does the cooking and he makes one of his childhood favorites… Pork Roll Egg & Cheese!
The Jersey girl in me was beyond stoked when I found out that on the season finale of Wake & Bake with Kevin Smith and Andy McElfresh we’d be making pork roll egg & cheese. A New Jersey classic, pork roll egg & cheese is the ultimate breakfast sandwich and a true East Coast delicacy. It may be hard to find if you don’t live in the tri-state area, but if you can get your hands on some Taylor Ham, I recommend giving it a try!
Here’s the recipe:
Pork Roll Egg & Cheese
Makes 1 sandwich
- 1 Kaiser roll
- 2 thin slices of Taylor Pork Roll
- 1 cup scrambled eggs
- 2 slices American cheese
- Slice Kaiser roll in half. Set aside.
- Make a 1/2 –inch cut in each pork roll slice along the outside edge. Slice from the center outward.
- Layer the cheese and egg in the roll.
Fluffy Scrambled Eggs
Makes 1 – 2 servings
- 3 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp. whole milk
- 1 ½ Tbsp. butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Beat the eggs, milk and salt & pepper together. Set aside.
- In a small sauté pan, melt the butter on medium heat. As soon as the butter is melted, add the eggs and begin slowly stirring them. When the eggs begin to solidify, stir for another few minutes until they are soft and fluffy.
…And, if you want to mix it up like Andy did, put it all on a maple bar donut!